The Columbia Business School's Green Business Club, in partnership with the Columbia Climate School, is hosting a Student Climate Symposium on February 18, 2022 at 12:00 – 2:00pm EST (to be held virtually) that is open to all students across the University. The event will connect student working on diverse climate-related projects across the University, bringing together those with a common interest and a passionate commitment to developing solutions for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
It has the following two objectives:
- To promote interdisciplinary, University-wide collaboration around climate change research and solutions; and
- To gather feedback from students on how best to facilitate and connect student research related to climate across the University
The event will feature an introductory keynote panel with faculty speakers from the Climate School, followed by breakout sessions tailored to students’ interests. The goal the event is to focus on and highlight students who are doing, or are interested in, climate research. We are asking that faculty and research scientists join as observers and advisors, not presenters themselves.
There are several roles that a participant can play:
- Student – a student with an active research project who will present in the breakout room
- Potential Collaborator – any students seeking potential research projects across any of the schools
- Faculty Observer/Advisor – faculty members with expertise or interest in a subject area who will listen in on the sessions. We would greatly value faculty participation and feedback for our students.
- Observer – anyone who is interested in learning more about a specific discipline, with any Columbia affiliation, can listen in (including other students, researchers, faculty, and staff)
Please reach out to Juliet Brooks ([email protected]) with any questions.
Zoom meeting info below. Please note that you will have to authenticate with your Columbia UNI in order to join the meeting: