Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory Marine Geology and Geophysics (MGG) / Seismology, Geology, and Tectonophysics (SGT) seminar series.
The MGG/SGT seminars for Spring 2022 will be a mix of both virtual and in person! In-person seminars will be held in the Seismology Seminar Room (Lamont Campus) on Wednesdays at 12:10 pm (EST).
- February 2nd, Einat Lev, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, As the lava flows… a red-hot, multi-scale, multiphase, adventure in three parts.
- February 9th, Anne Becel, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Structural controls on megathrust slip behavior at the Alaska Peninsula subduction zone.
- February 16th, Brandon Shuck, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Rifting and Pangea supercontinent break-up.
- February 23rd, Alex Bradley, British Antarctic Survey, Attributing Antarctic ice sheet retreat to climate change: bridging the gap between parametrized melting and coupled ice-ocean simulations.
- March 2nd, Vernon Cormier, University of Connecticut
- March 9th, Ella Gilbert (10 am ET), University of Reading, Antarctic ice shelf melt.
- March 16th, Spring Break
- March 23rd, Elizabeth Case, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- March 30th, Eric Beauce, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- April 6th, Kaiwen Wang, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- April 13th, Maryam Yousefi, McGill University
- April 20th, Evelyn Powell, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- April 27th, Indrani Das, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
If you want to join the after-seminar meeting with the speakers, or have any questions, comments, or seminar suggestions, please contact the seminar coordinators:
Guy Paxman - [email protected]
Andrew Lloyd - [email protected]
Catalina Sanchez-Roa - [email protected]